When the Llangollen Railway began running trains as far as Carrog, the scenic Dee Valley preserved line had extended to run a 7.5 mile long section of the former Ruabon Junction to Barmouth route.
Having opened the new Glyndyfrdwy to Carrog part of the line in 1996, the ultimate aim became to achive a further extension of operations as far as Corwen in order to give a ten mile long running length of line between Llangollen and Corwen.
Using current day footage, the line's history is explored from its origins to the present day and the five preserved stations are featured individually. A variety of coaching stock can be seen hauled by a wide range of locomotives along this most scenic of preserved railways. Locomotives featured from the line's own fleet and visiting `guests' include:- 57xx 0-6-OPT No. 7754, Standard 4MT 2-6-0 No. 76079, 78xx 4-6-0 No.7822 Foxcote Manor, `Castle' 4-6-0 No .5080 Defiant, 4F 0-6-0 No.4422, `Small Prairie' 2-6-2T No. 5541, `West Country' 4-6-2 No. 34027 Taw Valley and 14xx 0-4-2T No. 1450, the latter of which is seen working with an authentic Great Western auto coach.